Thread: Daily Check In
View Single Post
sunflower55
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2009
Thumbs up May 13, 2009 at 05:30 AM

Good morning!

Today, I am Two days, 5 minutes and 10 seconds nicotine free! That's 40 cigarettes not smoked, saving $12.02. Life saved: 3 hours, 20 minutes. Yea!!!

I've got a busy day today. I'm bringing my class to the State House today. They are being commended for their accomplishments in and participation in a grass roots program with Brown University. They've identified a social problem for urban youth; researched it; and found a way to address it.

Our class choose "How to get to college." Most of them are the first generation to attend. We created a brochure of the 10 steps necessary to get to college and important web sites to help. We had a school wide assembly with a guest speaker to talk about the importance of education. This man works with street gangs; he spent 12 years in jail cuz he didn't take education seriously; now he's in college. That got their attention!

Today, we get to go to the State House and my students will be recognized for their achievements. I'm very pleased and thrilled for them. You should have seen them when I told them to wear nice clothes!

Afterwards, I have an interview at a great school I have subbed at twice. I really like the school; it's closer to home and the schedule is kinder to this old body. But, I really like my school now too. And I'm the Union delegate here, so, it's a difficult decision --- *if* I'm offered the job. It's just an interview today.

Then, a union meeting. We need to vote on a few items. Reform issues at hand.

Finally, we have Awards night tonight and Parent Teachers Night! I've made a homemade baked macaronni and cheese with broccolli to share. We always have some foods to share with the parents; it's what brings them in! LOL! While I *always* look forward to these nights, I am going to be EXHAUSTED tonight!!! Both the physical and emotional demanding aspects of today's schedual are taxing enough without a long night to top it off. I won't get home untill @ 9 PM. OY!

Anyway, wish me luck! I'm going to need it to get through this day.

And remember to keep the quit and post before you puff!

Peace!

IMAGINE
sunflower55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
notz