Thread: Daily Check In
View Single Post
sunflower55
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2009
Default May 22, 2009 at 08:37 PM

Well, I am now One week, four days, 15 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds. 232 cigarettes not smoked, saving $69.86. Life saved: 19 hours, 20 minutes. Yeeee hawwwww!

I had a few tough moments today. I went to the local watering hole after work. It's always tough then. But, today I had an extra burden.
I found out I didn't get the job I applied for.
I found out at my job; I am the shop steward. I sign for new postings.
The job I interviewed for was reposted.

Anyway, I went to the other school to pick up my portfolio, and happened to run into one of the principals.
He "encouraged" me to apply again. He went so far as to tell me that he, himself, would be the head of the interview committee. And that he knows that many people think very highly of me.

The fact that it is reposted means that no one was hired. I've applied there twice. They know me. They know my work ethic. They know what I do. I give 110%.

I'm at a school that really appreciates me now. And I like it. The only thing is that it is farther away -- about 20 minutes drive farther. It's a hastle. The postive things that the other school had, they are loosing. This was confirmed when I asked at the interview. (which may be why I didn't get the job this time; those working did not yet know! I hate school politics!)

Anyway, with all this, I wanted to smoke, and I didn't.
I got past it with deep breathing, my chantix, and my mantra:
Nais gadol haya po!
(A great miracle is happening here!)

I am now One week, four days, 15 hours, 37 minutes and 14 seconds. 233 cigarettes not smoked, saving $69.90. Life saved: 19 hours, 25 minutes.

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Peace!

IMAGINE
sunflower55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
notz