View Single Post
Anonymous273

Default Jun 11, 2009 at 09:28 PM

OMG! You really do need to run for the hills, she is not only the wrong T for you, she is a wrong T for anyone. I am so sorry you had to go through what you did. She was so defensive and it seems like she was using her power of authority over you, thinking you don't know anything about how therapy SHOULD be. She is wrong about private practices too. Canceling appointments that much in ANY profession is extremely unprofessional . You have a right to some basic respect, which she isn't giving you.

I dont' know long you have been seeing her, but are you willing to find someone else. I wouldn't use her references either. Most T's are NOT like this, please believe this. Maybe your friends T could give you a reference or something if you don't want to see her T.
You did the right thing... it shows me how strong you really are! You can get through this but I hope with another T who is more reliable and sensitive. I am still in shock over her reactions and what she said. Take care of yourself, keep posting here, we can support you through this because we care.

I also wanted to add that it is so common for some of us to say we are sorry, but it should have been her. You have done nothing wrong.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote