View Single Post
hangingon
Grand Member

Member Since May 2008
Default Jun 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Thank you all,
I can't believe I let this get to me like I did.
It was just that I was just starting to trust her. I had only been seeing her for about 6 months. I felt like she let me down. She knew that I was sexually abused, and the people who did it. I chose her because she said that sexual abuse was her specialty. That makes it very hard for me to believe that she has not had issues with trust when it comes to consistency. ALL people who have been abused lack in trust, and for the most part need consistency. I still don't understand......

It all just came as a shock. She just sent me an email telling me that she doesn't want to terminate our work, to please come in and talk to her.
Then I get there and all that comes out.
Nothing like this was going on. There was no sign of it. All I did was send her that email and she got so defensive about it.

I just emailed my college counselor to see if I can make a session with her to get some advice. She has always been very professional with me.

I am still totally in shock about her saying that cancellations are not unusual with private practice as opposed to an center T. I could sense she didn't like someone confronting her. I had never seen her get as flustered as she did. I didn't approach her about it to be mean, just to let her know so that she can maybe be more cautious of it. I know sometimes it's not avoidable.

And I'm even more in shock about her saying she can't even think of a name of someone I could see that wouldn't cancel so much. Isn't a therapist supposed to offer a name when they don't think they can meet your needs?
It was just total defensiveness, I am totally perplexed by all of it.

When you feel your nearing the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on !!!

Last edited by hangingon; Jun 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM..
hangingon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote