View Single Post
cmac13
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2009
2 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM

WOW! I don't even know where to begin. I am shocked that your therapist would find your need for consistancy a problem. I can tell you this. I need consistancy because of my background issues. In the almost 18 years that I have worked with my therapist (yes the same one!) she has maybe cancelled a handful of times. One being the death of her father. She always reschedules immediately. As far as appointments go she will give me and extra appointment during the week if need be. She bends over backwards to accomodate me. As far as expressing your feelings of frustration, I too have difficulties doing this with her. But a couple of weeks ago I felt lousy after a session and I called her back that same day. She immediately called me to discuss the issue and had me come in to talk about it before our regularly scheduled session. I was so afraid that she would be angry with me. It was just the opposite. She was glad that I actually expressed my negative feelings and I have to tell you it was one of the most productive sessions she and I have ever had. She even hugged me after the session and told me not to be afraid to let her know when I feel angry or frustrated with her. That it is OK and that our relationship needs to be based on trust and openess. I gotta tell you though it is rarely that I feel negative toward her. She is an amazing clinician and person. I am sorry for your terrible experience...
cmac13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote