Legendary

Member Since Jul 2008
1,773 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2009 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
im sorry... i reach out for help.support then my walls snap up
This makes a lot of sense. No time better than the present to work on things to improve your life. We are reaching out to you and you have a reaction which keeps us back from you. If you can feel safe then you won't feel the need to push us away. I would suggest that you work on feeling safe here. To do this be aware when this reflex happens (you reach out, we reach back, you get afraid and you do something to push us back). When you are aware that it is happening be aware of what you are thinking and feeling. The next step after this is to be aware of the messages that are popping up for you. ("people are dangerous", etc.). Then really think about these messages and ask yourself if they apply in this situation............. Feeling safe and trusting is a step by step endeavor.

Don't let your problems or the world make you feel small. Stretch your arms out over your head. Take a deep breathe. Tell yourself that you are big. You are big, not small. You always have space, you are not trapped........

I'm an ISFJ
Sannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FooZe