View Single Post
sabby
Community Support Team

Member Since Feb 2005
6,304 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2009 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
But yeah, she's probably one of the very few people in person who are extremely patient with me and more so patient than people who I've met on here.
This is a perfect example of how members' read a generalization made with no specifics and can assume that the comment was made about them. For this reason, we have guidelines that we work within so that upset doesn't happen and the community as a whole does not suffer or feel singled out.

Because it is so easy for people to feel singled out by such a generalization, the guidelines state:

Quote:
....... if your message (post or PM) isn't about offering support to another person or asking for it, it's potentially not appropriate for our community.
Pupp, you did really well explaining how you were feeling and why. I know you don't want people to assume things about you. We are not mindreaders and when members offer you support, even if it's not what you are looking for or needing, they are giving of themselves to you with the "intent" of being supportive in the best way they can.

I truly hope you can continue to explain what you are looking for and how you are feeling. The more you can do that, the less people will have to assume anything about you and hopefully, the less you will be frustrated with their responses

With respect
sabby
sabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
In_The_Darkness, phoenix7, Sannah