View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 03, 2009 at 08:31 PM

I am at the point where I don't have any choice but to have all my teeth pulled & get dentures......all my teeth have been breaking off.....this has been going on for years.....actually since I was in high school......almost 40 years ago.......but it has been just the last 10 years where every tooth on the top is broken off.

The enamel didn't form when the teeth were forming.....sick, high temps & antibiotics they say is the cause.....along with inherited bad teeth from my dad......of course, they pass along all the bad stuff.

Somehow when I was young, I also was grinding my teeth....they had no idea how to protect them at that time.....I remember in my mind, there was this desire to get the teeth out of my mouth.....somehow, my mind must have known how bad my teeth really were.

I was talking to a pain psychologist last year & he said that AD's cause people to grind their teeth even worse & clench their jaws. It was right after they started trying to find AD's that worked that my teeth really got worse......

Because of the grinding, it also formed soft tissue behind the bottom teeth that has to be removed before they can do dentures....nothing like added problems I didn't need.

I have no insurance & no money extra each month to make any payments....so don't know what is going to happen.....medicare doesn't pay for dental & yet I am sure it has some health issues it's causing.

I honestly don't know how I can have such bad teeth without really bad pain......how teeth can just break without any pain is beyond my imagination. I am sure that once I am able to get the teeth pulled, I will feel a lot better energy wise......surprised there hasn't been any infection that I know about......but it could be a good reason why all my joints are so sore all the time. It is hard to know how bad teeth really effect your health.

Knowing that there are others in the same position as I am in.....makes me feel bad for them also, but at least I don't feel alone...

Thank you for sharing your dental phobic.....I would go to the dentist, but would usually loose it.....think the last root canal, I had 7 valium before floating into the office......don't know how I will get through having them pulled.

Take care...hope you find a better solution than having them pulled if there is nothing seriously wrong with your teeth.....

Tough call at times though I understand,
Debbie

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote