View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 09, 2009 at 10:05 PM

For clarification, she wasn't repeating rumors she was going to the person involved in the rumors. She's young and still at that naive age where since she would like to know if people were saying something about her, she thought she was doing her friend a favor. She was more in shock than anything else at the time. She heard them of course but dismissed them as the a-holes they worked with.

So she went to a party out of town two days after returning home from college. This guy in question was a passing acquaintance that did not recognize her as she's lost about 40 lbs since high school. When she heard him say that the girl was leaving her husband for him, she texted her friend and said "here's where the rumors are coming from, if you want to put a stop to it you better tell him to shut his mouth." Thinking that she was helping her friend solve a problem.

She was very upset about the whole thing (still not knowing the whole story). I told her that she should just stay out of it as people tend to kill the messenger. She figured her friend had a "right" to know. Her friend (and I use the term loosely now) forwarded the text to the man with my daughter's cell phone number attached. He called her ranting first that he wasn't at this party, hadn't been to any parties in months. Then, when he realized she had a lot of information he said she couldn't have possibly known what he said because she didn't know any of the people there, therefore why would she be there. He figured that she had to be getting her information from someone else that was there and wanted to know who it was. Eventually (this guy is not the brightest bulb in the lamp) he figured out who she was and made a stupid comment about the change in her weight and hair color.

(((Wmd))) thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I'm not feeling it right now. She and I seem to be at that awkward stage where communication is not easy. As our dear friend Tishie pointed out, she and I are too much alike.