Catherine2 has no updates.

10 yr Member
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2009 at 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
Yet self harming threads are just as triggering, and can actually lead to accidental death.

I think we should be allowed to express how we feel, whether that's suicidal, sad, depressed, lonely, triggered, hurting, suffering, happiness, etc.

Being heard is important and being less alone and feeling related to is important, too.
But yeah.
It's doubtful the rule will be changed.
Jmo...
There is obviously a big difference in an accidental death and a planned one.
Struggling with SI is absolutely dangerous, and much support and understanding is given. It can give the poster time to think before acting, or seek medical help if they have already SId and it's serious.
There is a chance to prevent, to guide and direct someone.

With suicidal posts, there is nothing anyone here can do.
Oh wait, there is...we can worry and weep and wonder if that person did it.
Sharing feelings of despair and needing comfort is vastly different from an announcement of "here I go..."
What the heck can anyone do with that kind of post??
Nothing.

I have seen it happen on another forum where someone will post about their detailed plans on their final exit. Nothing is heard from them despite pleas to get help, numbers for the Hot Lines, numerous offers of personal phone calls...

There is a void, but there is also a question of whether that person was serious and did it; or was it an attention getter.
Crap like that stirs up a lot of guilt, fear, and sadness from those who tried to help.

There has to be some kind of boundary about these things.

Sharing most feelings and reaching out for help has never been discouraged here at PC.

For the protection of the community as a whole, yeah, it's been asked that members do not make suicidal posts.

Jmo, of course

Catherine

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Beachboxer, Buffy01, deewock60, ExiExi, Fuzzybear, knothead, lizardlady, pegasus, phoenix7, Samanthagreene, susan888