Christina86
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2006
2,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM

((((((((Foomph))))))))))))))

I understand. And actually, I thank you for bringing it up because it makes me feel more "normal" too...

I say go for it and tell your T about it. No matter how hard it is, it's worse to keep it bottled up inside and not to deal with it. Just take as much time as you need, and no you don't need to have it all dealt with by the time the baby comes - you can still have therapy afterwards, it'll just be a bit more complicated. Write it down, bring it to session. It's awkward waiting for a T to read things, but it's less anxiety than giving it at the end of session and dreading the next session when you'd be talking about it!

I laugh things off too. I'm also incredibly sarcastic. I really hate crying, but it would be a lot more useful to not hide behind masks to deal with stuff.

You won't "break" T or traumatize him or have him think you're gross/weird/whatever... If he's not used to it yet, he'll eventually learn that people come with a lot of different issues and problems and he's got to try to help. If he can't he may refer you elsewhere, but you CAN see two Ts at once... I've done it. It's a lot more complicated sometimes, but useful if your T doesn't have abuse training.

Thanks for this!
Foomph, phoenix7