sabby has no updates.

15 yr Member
6,304 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
Whether an "attention getter" or seriously considering, they should be heard and supported.

I just think people should be heard and should say how they feel/what they are thinking for a chance to open the door to help/being supported.

But I know this one opinion won't matter to change a rule like that. Just my opinion, and that's it. Cheers.
I agree with you that people deserve to be heard Pupp....most definitely. Thank you for your input

While we have a lot of leeway to speak our minds here, there are some things that we just cannot help members with, and that is real life, real time assistance to a member who is actively suicidal. This needs to be dealt with between a member and a professional who can help and treat immediately for that member's safety. DocJohn created this guideline to help keep our community safe and to aid those who are suicidal to look IRL for support and help.

Many members have suicidal ideation every single day. It's not against guidelines to discuss that one is feeling like this, and as long as there is no plan or discussion of how they would accomplish it, one can reach out for support and help.

Pupp, if you feel really strongly about your thoughts on this, you are more than welcome to pm DocJohn and let him know. I can't speak for him as to if he would or would not change this guideline, that's up to him.

sabby

Thanks for this!
Catherine2, Christina86