View Single Post
Visioneer

Member Since May 2007
Default Jul 16, 2009 at 08:40 PM

I understand the loneliness that can come from a lack of physical intimacy, and the feelings of doubt that can arise because of it. I also understand how difficult it is to talk about with your partner, and why it makes him shy away from the subject even more. The key is to be understanding and not accusatory, which unfortunately means putting your feelings aside a bit. This is definitely difficult to do. Right now you need to focus more on enjoying each other's company and being a support to each other. Try doing things you both enjoy and spend time on other aspects of your relationship to take the stress out of the situation. I hope he is as supportive of you as you are of him.

As I and others have said, physical intimacy is a lot more than just sex, and it is very necessary to feel healthy.

I'm so sorry that money is an issue, it compounds the problem. Right now it is probably better that he is using Suboxone than what ever he was on before, but buying it illegally could have consequences for both of you. Is it possible that he could get treatment through a free clinic? Check the internet or phone book to see if such a thing exists in your area.

I hope you will find a way through this together.