Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2009
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangel337 View Post
Thank you. I'm hoping to somehow subtly get an appointment with my GP without my parents knowing, so I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm so scared to do this...what if it comes back positive?
((fallenangel))
how scary this must be for you...

is there a clinic you can go to like rmdtc? your privacy would be honored...check in the phone book under community services and call for guidance.
if there isn't one, then take a deep breath and make the appt with your GP.

as much as you hate the thought of doing it, it's got to be done...if it is positive you are going to need treatment. not seeking treatment can make you more miserable and have greater affects .
you physician should honor your privacy, also.
it's far better to find out then to be worried every day.

now that I've said all that...it's also possible that it is not herpes. any number of things can be the cause of your symptoms, most of them benign although slightly embarrassing.

about the reading you mentioned? it does have it's place in giving information, but please remember sometimes that info isn't always clear/concise/accurate.
many times we do ourselves a mis-service by putting ourselves through fear and worry because we read something we think applies to us.
**I've done it myself**

btw, do you now, or in the last few weeks, had any accompanying symptoms? fever-pain-itching?
yeah, it's time to get checked.

in spirit, I'll be with you...you don't have to go through this alone

in peace,

Catherine

Thanks for this!
fallenangel337