View Single Post
batteryfoundinme

Member Since Jul 2009
Default Jul 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM

First Post. I found this place looking for advice/consolation.

My story: 24 year old, just finished 51 months in state prison for a fatality while drinking and driving. Basically getting my life back in shape...doing really well too I might add. Got my own apartment, signed back up for college, work for a Fortune 500 company as an intern (3 months out of the pen), many, many skills, a very sociable person by all accounts...people tell me I actually talk too much sometimes, and I'm sometimes known as a social butterfly...even at the office.

Was diagnosed with depression at age 15, took meds for 4-5 years, noticed it clouded my thoughts, got rid of my dreams, and made for a socially inept being by just having me sit there all placated while others interacted and talked and conceptualized, and just talked non stop about things (this is what we did in prison when we weren't working or working out).

Haven't ever had a serious relationship in my life....only once but that was based on sex and turned into more once I went to jail...we fell in love for the first 7 months until I told her to go and not to wait for me....we were 18 and 19...whatever.

I just recently met someone through a mutual friend, and we hit it off the first night we met, and have been talking to each other for about 5 weeks (minus the last week)....texting...on the phone...yes I did put in more contacts than she did.

So I brought her to a fraternity BBQ, and things just blew up from there. She drank half a bottle of captain...got drunk....i also got drunk...something I didn't think would cause problems but yes it did. She became antisocial towards the end of the night, started texting all her friends....I was drunk and not even paying attention to my friends (after drinking all day), we played several BBQ games together and lost beer pong, she beat me at pool with the 8 ball...

I thought we had something going on, until the end of the night, she starts packing her ****...says she is leaving. I say WHOAH you are drunk and your not leaving, plus we planned on you staying the night....I eventually coerced her into not leaving, but I'm like why are you gonna leave....

Then she goes off that "You're too obsessive....you get mad about the little things....you get mad when you're playing games....you try to be perfect all the time"

And I tell her thats part of my personality...its part of being competitive.

I'm like how is this different than before? She says, "what before"

So she leaves the next morning....after we slept in the same bed...and no I haven't tried having sex with her yet because I really like her and well haven't had too many opportunities to do it...so she tells me shes going down the shore (sunday morning til tuesday night)...I'm like well I would go but I don't have a ride home. She says take the train if u want.

So I walk her to her car, we kiss an intimate kiss goodbye, and I say when am I gonna see u again? She says," Just call me...I'm pretty random"

Since then we've barely spoken on the phone and I've had several ignored texts from her. Things haven't seemed to be the same and the last 2 weekends I've tried to set things up with her and she has plans with her 900 friends. She's a very independent girl (20 yrs old) and I really just don't know what to do.

I have NOT been depressed about something for YEARS and now all of a sudden its coming out because she has been ignoring me, and I totally get the feeling she's done with me.

So what do I do? Mind you we go to the same college and will live 2 blocks from each other, and we did have something going on.

My question is...there are 4 weeks left before school starts. How do I keep this going so she doesnt lose interest any more than she has? I just texted her earlier "HI"...thats it, and no response. this is not the first time recently and I just feel as if I'm putting all the effort into trying to keep her.

I think I explained it enough...but I guess I'm trying to make up for 4 years of lost time and I really feel lonely right now. I don't really have many good friends anymore, several but not as many as most people...a prison bid WILL do that to you, and I have acknowledged the fact...the problem is I never had these feelings in jail, only feelings of how amazing the summer of 09 is going to be, and it is nothing short of a living hell working in the corporate world and not having many friends and not having a driver's license to go meet all these girls who I've met (I've talked to about 20 girls in a few months...clearly I want a relationship)

Can someone help me or diagnose me? Haha...a friend of mine told me to watch She's Just Not that into you!

And I think the problem is I'm too thoughtful of a person and I can't find who I deserve.
batteryfoundinme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote