Elysium
Where the HELL are we?

Member Since Mar 2009
29 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Sabby....

This is not an attack on anyones views, or the guidelines....but I come to this site for support, which is what it is for. If I have some thoughts or feelings that I need to express and I feel they may trigger others, I will always ask first if it is okay to speak of such things as to not trigger others. Most importantly I will first and foremost discuss them with my T. I think in this way, it gives people here the choice and opportunity to practice their own self care....and learning good self care does take a lot of practice.

If I ever felt that someone was too vulnerable for a certain topic...I would not bring it up.

The guidelines do not upset me. I understand why they are in place, but I personally draw my line to the left of censorship.

I'm sorry if this upset anyone. I spent my whole life in a situation where I was told how I should feel, when I should feel, and what I was and wasn't allowed to feel. I spent the better part of my life keeping my mouth shut because the more I tried to speak up, the more I was told my perceptions were wrong and the worse things would get. I realize this is a completely different situation now, but when I feel like others are trying to stifle me in some way, the memories of all of that can come back and start to boil over.

Ultimately, I agree that if a person is having these thoughts or feelings the first people they should be speaking with are their T's and that people need to be mindful of not triggering others. But if it's all the same....as long as someone is being mindful and respectful of others feelings, and all parties involved are agreeable to the conversation, I don't see why it should even be an issue.......

Thanks for this!
JayS, sabby