View Single Post
pegasus
Q&A Leader

Member Since Jan 2006
4,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2009 at 09:17 AM

The rules we have here at PC are absolutely spot on. The rules have been in place for a long time, tried and tested to keep the whole forum safe. I really appreciate this.

We are allowed to say how we feel but not to post threats, actual time etc. It is fine for someone to say that they feel they are on the edge and need extra support. It is fine to say you really feel like killing your abuser but not to post when and how you would go about it.

Looking at it from someone reading, (an example) I read that one of my best friends here is about to kill themselves. Their post tells me how and when they are going to do it, and then they disappear! None of us are in a position to zip in the car to that persons house. And what if someone posts they are going to go and kill someone? You see, there is nothing any of us could do to stop that person. This is the internet and all I can see is that these sort of posts would create fear, guilt and severe distress.

Anyone who is truly suicidal or about to harm another human being needs to get immediate help from someone in real life.

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks for this!
deewock60, Elysium, knothead, paddym22, sabby