View Single Post
bonaire

Member Since Aug 2005
Default Jul 28, 2009 at 01:33 PM

I dated a girl like that back when I was 22 yo (in '87). She was in a local college and I was 1-year out of college, working. I waited weeks between times we could go out. She was a heavy drinker and in college at Villanova. Drank way more than I did at the time - and I thought "I" was a heavy drinker at the time.

Anyway - girls like that need to have a lot of friends seemingly because they just don't have a life plan put together. If she thinks she can talk to you every week or two - then you either have to go along with that or take-off. For me, I left the area and moved about 80 miles away. The night I told her I was taking the job and moving, she just kind of said 'ok, well good luck with that'.

You may want to keep looking for someone who you can connect with better. You know, after living my 45 years, I think I've only met two women in my life I can really say I connect with - and neither is my wife. However, you are trying to find friends and gf's now. Just have fun with it and stay "unattached" so you can enjoy your freedom now and grow with the years to come.

I kind of look at life in this way: Life is a schmorgasboard. You have to try a lot of different things before you find your favorite meal.