View Single Post
batteryfoundinme

Member Since Jul 2009
Default Jul 28, 2009 at 08:30 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am not trying to "burn" any bridges I may have started....and this is just positive affirmation of what I have thought of all along. Yes, I believe I was obsessed with fixing that rejection that came so randomly. ..Whatever...there are plenty more girls out there and yes I do enjoy dating all of them, but a wise man once told me that 99% of the girls out there are not "THE ONE", and it seems to hold true. You really need to date 99 girls to find that ONE who is compatible with you to the fullest extent.

As for this girl, I am going to stop obsessing, be myself, continue to work out like a possessed beast (for my own mental sanity as well), forget about anything that could have or would have been, and just stay friends who don't contact each other every day because clearly she wasn't hip to all that. This may possibly intrigue her to my whereabouts and goings on and spark something again, if any in the future.

And I am NOT a dog, by any means, and I sure am amazing boyfriend material if that right one comes along. My problem is I ALWAYS go for the most beautiful girls my age who either have boyfriends or are already working out of college, and WHOAH, 24 years old in college? It's not the social norm...and I believe it deters many potential women...something I never would have thought to be a problem. I am not narcissistic, but I am 5'10", 195 lbs, solid muscle, ripped abs, my best friend (girl) told me I am an 8.5/10...and without a nose broken 3 times and a slightly receding hair line, I would surely be a 9.5.

I never thought it would be an issue being 24 dating a 20 year old, but mind you I left a sheltered suburban 19 year old, and came out a 210 lb. 24 year old hardened man who had to live with killers, axe murderers, a lot of manslaughter, lots of real hard drug dealers and gang bangers, and yes I adapted as any normal human being would, and I commanded respect amongst my peers because of my mentality and how I acted, not to mention I seemed to be bigger than most because of my dedication to working out/bodybuilding.

Coming home I felt like a 30-35 year old mentality with a short allowance for ignorance or stupidity, in a 20 year old's body, yet 24 physical years of age.

Obviously the mentality plays the entire part of your persona/personality/mental well being and well basically it has just been a bit harder adjusting...

I'm not into partying like most 20 year olds, yet I am still a Junior in college and I honestly want a companion at school, which I shall find when the time comes. I am very socially active on campus/fraternity and it shouldn't be an issue. I just want everything too fast.

Thank you everyone for a warm welcome and words of wisdom from SuperPosters, etc. I will probably frequent this forum when I need wisdom and experience, etc. so I don't bother my friends as if they are shrinks, which is NOT what they are.

Thanks!

"Familiarity Breeds Contempt" and I stand true to that.
batteryfoundinme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote