wanttoheal
Legendary

Member Since Oct 2004
965 hugs
given
Default Aug 09, 2009 at 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miri View Post
It is like the infant who sees the toy and reaches for it, but if you hide it behind your back they haven't yet grasped that is still exists, is just out of sight. Until they are older, the object ceases to exist. It all makes sense because our attachments to our caregivers (for those of us abused by them, or neglected by them) disrupted our ability to learn that developmental task. We still have not mastered it.
This makes so much sense! Thank you so much for this.

I so relate to what you've said. I too have felt (and still feel) that it is a flaw in my personality. I have thoughts that perhaps I am just such a cold and uncaring person that I just cannot feel anything for people. But that wars with the reality that I do care for people. But when the connection is broken, I am unable to just feel it again at the drop of a hat. I hope so much to get to where you are in realizing that I am not flawed, or at least recognizing that it was not my fault. (That last sentence was very hard to even write so I know I'm obviously not even close to being there. )

Thank you so much for responding.

Thanks for this!
Orange_Blossom