View Single Post
Anonymous59893

Question Aug 11, 2009 at 03:18 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows how a pdoc decides if you have this? I ask because I've felt really wound up (like a spring or something) of late, almost crawling the walls with my need to do something - anything! - and i want to know if it's normal or not. Obviously I'm not 'normal' but when does it go from agitation/restlessness to clinical/official psychomotor agitation??

And does anyone know if it's related to psychomotor retardation? They seem like opposites to me, but I remember (not well, cos I was a little fuzzy back then, but it says in my journal) feeling really really restless ie pacing the house, needing to get out of the house etc before I 'crashed' and was diagnosed with psychomotor retardation and ordered home to my parents.

I'm concerned that I might be going the same way again cos I'm off meds (with my pdoc's approval) for a break, but am also well aware that it could be my hyperchondria rearing it's ugly head again, as it does when I get especially stressed. My pdoc is on annual leave atm and I dont feel the need to bother the duty team - just wondered if anyone had any take on this, or knew what criteria you needed to fill to warrant this label?

Many thanks for reading and any opinion greatly appreciated

*Willow*
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ADHD1956