View Single Post
lhmt

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Sep 06, 2009 at 05:15 PM

I have had the luck of having a few people "stick" to me. I have exactly three friends. And they are my best friends. I loved them from the first day and I would die for them. I used to escape my life whenever they had a problem by trying to fix theirs. Although I can't really talk to them about my deep issues, I do tell them "half truths" as I call them at times. And you know what? They still like me.
I am weird person. People have told me that. I know that. I am different from most people like many of you feel you are. But my incredible friends like me mostly because I am the way I am.
So there are "normal" people that get us. I just had to let them in. Lately I've been talking to one of them about more serious stuff I go trough and even told her that I went to therapy. It scared me so much that I almost started crying. And then she hugged me. And said that she thinks therapy rules. I was the one that started this friendship which is a very rare thing for me. And is one that I am grateful every day of my avoidant life.
I know I am not offering a solution. But maybe it reassurance that are people out there who are worth befriending . And the risk of putting yourself out there and making yourself vulnerable is so worth taking. And that you fit just fine. Everyone does. We just have some trouble realizing that.

P.S. I had no idea that moving away from problems was a avpd trait. I did that a lot too. I had times when I used to move my furniture around or move from room to room just because I couldn't leave the city I was living in. I guess I just always hoped that my life would look better trough new windows.
lhmt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote