View Single Post
sunrise
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2007
106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2009 at 05:11 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you. I think that lady could have handled it a lot better and not been rude and lost her temper. She sounds out of control. I have been sensitized to the handicapped parking issue from prior experiences, so I never park in one, even if for only a few minutes. I would rather double park.

As for the $195 ticket, it is my experience exactly like your officer said--that you have to show up in court in order for the ticket to be excused. But when you show up at court, I don't think you should lie to the judge and say you didn't do it. You did do it, and you will be under oath. Just explain the situation (Sunday morning, 2 minutes only, this rabid woman, etc.) to the judge. Be sure to act like you have learned something from the experience by saying that you will never do it again. If your police officer does not show up, then the ticket will most likely be excused. Read your citation carefully. Usually you have to send the citation back in with either payment or a box checked that says you are not paying and will be in court to contest the ticket. Be sure to send the citation back in on time, or you will owe more money.

Good luck with this, and try to put the woman's out of control tirade out of mind.

Thanks for this!
BlueMoon6, Catherine2