View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2009 at 09:44 PM

There was certainly a better way of handling it. Since we don't know her life experience it's rather harsh to pass judgement. I had to chuckle about Vickie's experience with the thing that hangs from the mirror. When I was taking care of my grandmother or nephew it was a pain, it's illegal to drive with it hanging from the mirror and illegal to park without it.

But I have to agree with Emily, when you are dealing with a handicap or transporting someone with a handicap those spaces are a godsend. It's so difficult dealing with a wheelchair when there is another car parked RIGHT next to your car.

My opinion is if you did the crime, pay the fine. It doesn't matter if it's two minutes or two hours. I think we can all agree that there was a reason to make these laws and $195 really isn't bad. Here it's posted if you park without the decal it's $500. In any case I certainly wouldn't lie under oath. Odds are that the cop won't appear, but if you blatantly lie to the judge or magistrate you will not have the "mercy" of the court. A police officer wouldn't write the ticket unless you were there, he/she won't believe you anyway.