View Single Post
emilyjeanne
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2008
Default Sep 14, 2009 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie in Phoenix View Post
I wasn't necessarily disagreeing that people shouldn't park in handicapped parking spaces unless they have a permit. I do have a permit. What I was illustrating was an incident whereby someone felt it his privilege to be annoying and intrusive when policing who did or didn't have permission to park in a handicapped space. As an individual who routinely parks in handicapped spaces due to physical disabilities, I often find all the spaces at places like WalMart or the grocery store are already taken and I end up taking another spot. This happens quite often in Phoenix. But I don't go down the row of handicapped parking spaces (in some parking lots, there are dozens of them) and make sure every car has permission to be there.

I am not on a personal mission to detect and destroy. I am not bothered by anyone who kindly points out any error I make which may be against the law or cause a hardship to someone. But if they get in my face and are rude about it, then look out!
I wasn't making my comment towards you. I was making a comment towards people who don't have a handicap and still park in the space.