View Single Post
billieJ
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Sep 14, 2009 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
In the midst of some people's complaints about widgets, I discovered a way to block them on two specific web browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox.

So to help people out, here are my instructions. This may depend on the version of browser you use as well. If you experience problems, or have been able to block this in another way, please leave a comment below!

In Firefox -

First, you need to install a specific add-on, called "Adblock Plus". To add it, go to Tools --> Add-Ons --> In the dialog box, click "Get Extensions" --> "Adblock Plus" is in the 'We Recommend' section on the right.

Once you have it installed ... go back to Tools menu --> Click "Add filter..." and then type "widgetbox.com" and then "Add filter" again and type "widgetserver.com" --> Click Apply, then Ok!

That should block you from seeing any displayed widgets! It is also useful for blocking any advertisements, like any here on PsychCentral!

In Internet Explorer...

Click on "Tools" --> Internet Options --> dialog box will open --> Click the Security Tab and then click Restricted Sites --> click "Sites" button --> type in 'widgetbox.com' and click Add, and then type in 'widgetserver.com' and click "Add" and then click Close and that should solve the problem!

I'm so sorry. I don't see any ads, but what are widgets? Like I said, I'm not computer-smart enough to be here, but I am drawn here and won't go down without a struggle to do the right thing! Thank You - billieJ
billieJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote