View Single Post
VanillaBean

Member Since Feb 2009
Default Sep 18, 2009 at 05:25 PM

Okay, I'm one of the earlier posters who suggested a feminine deodorant product, and I just want to throw something in since a lot of other posters have been talking about how these can cause an infection.

First off, I think you should talk to your mom before you do anything. If you end up seeing a doctor or buying a kit and are able to determine that you do NOT have an infection, and this is just your normal odor, but it still bothers you especially in hot weather, then yes, mild soap and water, and wearing cotton underwear, are some good ways you can keep it from continuing to be an issue. That was a bit of a run-on sentence. Sorry.

Now, I must defend my suggestion... yes, you probably COULD get an infection from these products - if you use them on the INSIDE of your vagina. Feminine deodorant sprays and washes are made for your external area ONLY. I have used these products and have never had a problem because I used them properly.

I'm not at all trying to discount the advice the others have given, but these products will not hurt you as long as you follow the directions.

VanillaBean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aunt Donna, Indie'sOK