View Single Post
zarantha

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Sep 20, 2009 at 06:02 AM

I was originally diagnosed as Manic Depressive (Bipolar I) when I was 13 years old. The doc put me on Welbutrin that didn't help so after a couple of months he took me off of it and I didn't get further treatment again until May of 2007. I was then put on Depakote 2000mg and Effexor 75mg. It helped somewhat. My current doc (the one who put me on the two meds) has taken me off the Effexor, lowered the Depakote to 1500mg, has just recently put me on Lithium 300mg and Geodon (160mg currently even though we have stated that the 120mg was enough). I haven't felt any change for the better and I also have to take Cogentin to ease up the tremors I have from the Depakote.

I have a friend who is a nurse for a local doctor (with my permission) talk to the doctor who has stated flat out that I am being severely over medicated. I can't be left alone at all without someone to contact in case of an emergency.

Not only do I have BPI but I am also diagnosed Scitzoeffetive (hence the Geodon to keep the auditory and visual hallucinations at bay) I can't afford to go to another doctor (the one I am going to now is based on income and makes it so that I don't have to pay because I don't bring in any money) I can't work because it is just to stressful and throws me into a severe panic attack. The longest I had ever worked at any one job has been 7 months... and even then I lost my job because I was considered a "liability" to the company (2 different work comp claims in the 7 month span. The first incident I am still being treated for with surgeries).

I know that I got off on a spiel. Sorry for that.

Zara
zarantha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote