View Single Post
Dolfin
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2004
Default Jul 07, 2005 at 03:16 PM

Well, this week I am getting new windows and siding installed. When my ex/landlord placed the order for all the materials over a month ago, I was totally psyched. Now, three days into it, I'm SO over it.

For starters, Home Depot messed up on the siding order. Part of the shipment was damaged upon receipt to them, but instead of reordering the damaged materials (one week before delivery) they wait until the delivery date to tell us. Then they said it would take two weeks to get the replacement parts. We can't start siding without these parts. My house has nothing but Tyvek protecting it right now, all because of their screw up. Miraculously, another store has the parts in stock, and we will be getting them later today or tomorrow.

Second, two of the custom windows had screens that were damaged in transit. They tried telling us we had to bring the entire window back, and I told the manager that wasn't happening because I wasn't leaving holes in my house. The window manufacturer is replacing the screens and shipping them directly to us in about 5 days.

My stress level is through the roof because my house is a mess, there is a huge pile of aluminum siding in my driveway, waiting for cut-down to be recycled and I have ugly Tyvek paper covering my house. I can't clean the inside of my house because the ex isn't done with the windows yet (caulking, sills etc.) and it's driving me nuts.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent.

Dolfin