View Single Post
inkblot
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2003
Default Jul 08, 2005 at 06:53 PM

I took advantage of my current situation to use it as leverage for working less hours. I am going to go nuts (pardon the pun) working there day in and day out. I can't concentrate when I am reacting to an email from my ex or something. So I sent an email to my supervisor first thing this morning--she wasn't even in yet. The reply later in the morning was that: "...working part-time hours would not be beneficial to the company" and offered me a shift change instead--still working 8-hour days, 5 days a week. Ok. My reaction: Pissed! Of course before I went on lunch I went online to download the laws and info on the Americans with Disabilities Act. I saved the downloaded files to my drive and kept them up on screen while I was gone to lunch. Minutes after I get back from lunch, I got a phone call from a co-supervisor that we were all going to have a meeting at 2:15. Guess what happened at the meeting? My supervisor wanted to know what schedule I would like! The co-supervisor(whatever her title is now) took constant notes and said nothing. Seems that suddenly they are open to "accomodations". I said that I had to talk to the doctor and others to figure out what the actual plan would be, which is true. I have known that they are watching me and everything I do. I don't care anymore. I forwarded the email I received to a couple people on the "outside" and I know they can "see" what I do online as well as emails. Let them. I have rights and my rights being violated has been work related.