View Single Post
deliquesce
Grand Magnate

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 26, 2009 at 07:28 AM

thank you, lovelies .

kureha - yes, japan will be awesome!! we just booked tickets an hour ago, so it's definitely locked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
And I'm sure it is very important for him to take care of those feelings.
thank you, ((((ktgirl)))), for your post. especially this bit. pdoc always tells me this, but it's helpful to be reminded every now and again. i find it weird how ppl on PC can read pdoc's intentions better than me, even when you guys are receiving all this info through my own blinkered story telling.

Quote:
I just had this thought last night when I was taking my meds - I have been feeling so much less depressed lately, and I thought about stopping the meds. And it scared me! Because, what if the REASON I am feeling better is because of the meds...and then if I go off of them I start feeling awful again.
So......keep taking them Deli!!! And I will too.
i have thought about this a bit more, and i think i will go off them in order to go on the trip. it's just too dangerous for me otherwise, especially given the language barrier. but because i will need a month's detox before flying out, it will become apparent if i need to go back on them, and i can always restart them if required.

kt - did you notice your mood getting better shortly after starting these meds, or were there other things going on/changing at the same time? for me, it was literally a choice between these meds or ECT, so i can definitely put my recovery down to the meds. but maybe now that i am out (mostly) out of the big, bad depression, i do not need them as a preventative measure? maybe it is like taking a panadol which you only need short term? current recommendations (in aus) do suggest staying on antidepressants for a 6 month minimum, and then testing whether you still require them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
If you think he was not taking you seriously and it is important to you, then definitely bring it up next time! I think a person can take something seriously and still smile.
thank you, (((sunny))). i think you are probably right that pdoc took it seriously. i'm just hypersensitive about being vulnerable (and asking for something like that was a HUGE vulnerabilty thing for me) and i'm always scared that if i'm vulnerable that ppl will laugh at me or reject me or push me away.

when i think about it carefully, pdoc said he'd promise when i just asked for him to let me know if he hated me, and he only started smiling after i explained how he had to do it and my reasoning behind it. but he did sit and listen to me the whole time, so he probably did take it seriously. and he is always joking about how i think through things in too much detail, so maybe he was laughing at that, and not laughing at me. ok.

thank you sunny .
deliquesce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote