View Single Post
deliquesce
Grand Magnate

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 20, 2009 at 08:00 AM

i think a few of us here have mentioned at various times that they have known their T in a capacity other than as their therapist. i am wondering how that has worked for you.

Austin-T is currently seeing me pro bono. i mentioned today how i used to be the webmaster for my workplace (still am, technically, just haven't worked since april) and he suggested working out some sort of bartering agreement where i could develop his website for him in return.

to be honest, i'm a little bit apprehensive about the idea. i'm a bit like... hmm... i thought Ts were meant to avoid dual relationships wherever possible. but then maybe that's because they just need to be mindful that they aren't exploiting their clients. and i know Austin T wouldn't do that. so i dont know why i'm anxious, exactly. maybe it's just an additional thing to think about at a time when i want to be thinking about nothing.

edit: maybe also the feeling that i must offer to help, that i can't say no. it feels a bit power imbalancey, but that's probably just in my head.
deliquesce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote