Thread: Boundaries
View Single Post
writingwithink

Member Since Aug 2009
Default Nov 28, 2009 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
What wrong writing ????
You can post whatever your want. The topic alone says alot. I have such a hard time with boundaries in therapy, makes me feel like the relationship is so unreal.
((((writingwithink))))))
Thanks for the note, hanginon:

I'm so embarassed over this, but here goes.

I need some advice. I have an internal part that's been trying very hard to sabotage the relationship with my new DID T before it's even started. We've only seen her about four times, and internally this part has said horrible things about her, and even cursing at her in an email recently after she invited this part to communicate. Just lovely!

Anyway, here's the part I feel so guilty over and don't really know what to do. This part has done an extreme amount of research on this T. I believe it's been a violation of her boundaries, and I just feel terrible. Types of info that's been discovered by this part: published writings by this T (which have been used in much of the internal bashing of her), family, marriage records, property records, etc. I have never experienced anything like this, and I'm just mortified. The part of me that has extreme boundaries and has set a moral creed of "always do what's right" feels the need to tell T, but is afraid she'll ask us to leave and never come back.

Additionally, in all of this boundary-violation-masked-as-research behavior, a potential resource has been uncovered that another part wants to take advantage of. It's a life coach (who could potentially be known by the T) who works with career professionals through the use of horses. So, the stellar worker part wants to go to this "horse" woman to work on career, but feels very inadequate about doing so because of the way in which the resource was uncovered.

Any advice would be helpful.

Peace,
writing

Last edited by writingwithink; Nov 28, 2009 at 03:13 AM..
writingwithink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote