Thread: Boundaries
View Single Post
chaotic13
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 28, 2009 at 04:06 PM

Writingwiththink..I'm not sure how much you should or shouldn't tell your T..only you know when and how much you are ready to tell. I just wanted to say that I too have a "part" that likes to undermined my therapy and interactions with my T. Over tha past 2 months I have been more open to communicating with my T about the things this part thinks. My T has never seemed suprised or upset with this parts thoughts she just accepts them. I think telling my T about this part has been helpful though because my T sometimes antisipates some of the attacks and heads them off. This has made it a little easier for me to challenge the noise this part creates.

IDK...maybe you could just in some general way let your T know about this part, that it is a researching/fact finding machine that doesn't particular like her at the moment. This might be enough for now. In my case I simply started my disclosure with... "my small inner child likes you and trusts you...but unfortunately I seem to have this older teen part that sees you as a threat and doesn particularly care for you." My T's response was... Sounds typical of a teen, they tend not to trust anyone.
chaotic13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote