View Single Post
Elysium
Where the HELL are we?

Member Since Mar 2009
29 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2009 at 04:50 AM

Totally not meaning to be judgmental...but I think your title says it. It really does sound like some form of psychosis, and with PTSD that is always possible.

I know this has got to be pretty damn scary for you right now...feeling like you can't trust anyone and having the belief that people are spying on you. Those are terrible feelings and thoughts to be having.

Is there any way that you can work with sitting with those thoughts and recognizing that there is a chance that they may not be accurate...and allowing yourself the benefit of the doubt so you can get in to speak with your therapist?

As far as the screaming you hear when you are trying to sleep...do you hear this coming from outside your head or inside?

Honestly...have you tried talking back to the screamer? I know that may sound completely whacked, but it just might give you some insight if you could make some type of communication. Maybe, when you hear it again...even if it is a form of psychosis...just ask it why it is screaming or what it needs from you. You never know...it just might tell you.

I'm a believer that just because something may be a hallucination, doesn't mean that it isn't real. For the person experiencing it, it is very real.

I am concerned that if you can't make it to your therapists that you will spiral further into whatever this state is. No one likes to hear this...but maybe a few days in patient might help.

I know....I know...that's probably the craziest thing I've said to you...but if you are on meds...maybe they need to be adjusted. If you're not on meds...maybe they need to be looked into for now.

But in order to do this...you're going to need to allow yourself to trust someone.....

I wish you peace!!

Thanks for this!
lisasays, TheByzantine, Typo