View Single Post
sanityseeker
walker

Member Since Feb 2008
Default Jan 04, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Bias Logic... thank you for sharing and reaching out for support. I am going to suggest something that you may not want to hear but I hope you think about. I suggest you give her more time and space to sort out her feelings about you and your future together. Your surprise may force a response from her that with more time might be very different. She sounds like a lovely caring friend who may or may not be more than that in your future. I think it would mean a lot more to her to see you get yourself on track and on a more even keel than you are on right now. It sounds like you are making some really good choices for yourself right now in terms of seeking treatment and looking to furthering your education. Those are both very demanding commitments and perhaps they need to be your number one priority. Try not to rush into needing to know what the future holds with this girl. Good things come to those who wait and one must be able to stand strong alone to be able to move into sustaining a healthy long term relationship. If you rush things you may well create an unhealthy dependancy for yourself and put her into a position of feel obliged to supporting you rather than drawn to be with you. Just my thoughts.

I wish you well in whatever choices you make. You have a long life ahead and plenty of time and plenty of dreams to live. Take good care of you.
sanityseeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote