lynn P.
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
Default Jan 04, 2010 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surealsupermom View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here but am sanityseekers pal. Hey there old friend I think I know you....do I?

Have been told to find an exercise program by my doc and everything will magically be cured. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and ADD. I sort of doubt that everything will clear up but know that exercise could HELP. I am thinking about trying water exercise or Nia. Has anyone heard of that?

As I am new here I would love to connect with anyone here. I am currently struggling with seasonal sadness and need all the positive input I can get. I run a therapeutic intervention group for women with depression so I teach this stuff but it is hard to put into practice for myself for some reason. I guess I isolate a lot and that makes it hard. Thanks for listening.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've read countless articles that say much different. Is it an over all cure - no of course not, but why not make your body strong anways. As we get older, we lose bone and muscle mass, This is is one of the main reasons elderly people fall- they don't have the muscle mass to support their bodies.

There are new studies out that prove regular exercise builds 'new neuro transmitters' in the brain. There's a well known Canadians study where a high school teacher at an Indian Reservation had all her students do daily exercise. There were alot of behavioral and learning disabilities at the school. The students vastly improved is concentration, behavior, and comprehension. Even if it doesn't make the depression better, at least you have a strong body.

Surealsupermom - you've probably heard about light therapy for SAD. Have you tried it? I also recommend having a blood test, to check your Vit D levels. It's now known that Vit D helps with depression and the prevention of some cancers. yes water Aerobics would be a good option for you, since you have fibromyalgia - it's also a good chance to socialize. Best of luck.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote