View Single Post
mum2four

Member Since Nov 2009
Default Jan 07, 2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues View Post
How would u describe BPD? I may be, but not sure. I struggling trying to figure out what I have...Depression, Anxiety, Social Phobia...? What is BPD?
Thanks!
My understanding of BPD is that is a "personality" problem not chemical. There fore medication will not change the problems causing most of the symptoms. BPD rarly respond to one on one therapy due to the fact that main symptom is the Stormy friendships part. BPD people tend to latch on to a person real fast and strong and then as soon as there is a hint of rejection ect thay pull away and sabotage the friendship. Theripst ase care to insure there BPD patients dont fall in love with them due this strong sudden connection. As soon as my last T diagnoised me with BPD he suddenly changed the therapy towards me and it had a negative effect on my OCD issues. He was pushing me to go into group therapy but I was petrified of groups at the time and I still am a little scared.

My new T disagrees with the BPD diagnosis due the fact that I have mostly improved with med's and on my own since taking a brack from my last T. My new T says my personailty difficulties are more likly due to my co-morbid disorders. I have depression, general anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and new T has diagnoise me with Post tramtic stress disorder

I would seriously not be looking at BPD as the problem unless you have tryed med's and therapy and nothing is working for you.
mum2four is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lovelylovely