View Single Post
different

Member Since May 2008
Default Jan 19, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I know extacly how you feel. I am going through a really hard time right now and my daughter knows and chooses to keep her distance. How she copes is to stay away from me so she doesn't get sucked into my depressed or manic states. I have 2 grandchildren, and it is hard thinking that I will not see them again. When times passes, I always get to talk to my grandhildren. Sometimes it feels like she is punishing me by not being around, especially when I tell her I am going through a difficult time. After reading the post of the daughter, I don't feel as bad. My daughter also says that she gets hurt by me when I am in an episode, so she needs her space. She doesn't want to get hurt by the things I might say, eventhough I apologize later. It is very hard on our children, and I think we expect more empathy from them as they get older. I have no idea, but maybe we see our children maturing in other areas of their lives, so we think they should be mature enough to listen to us. I find it very hurtful when she pulls away. I do think she is being cruel, but at the same time I don't know what it feels like on her side of the fence.
different is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
perpetuallysad, Vampi