View Single Post
CJR520
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2005
Default Jan 20, 2010 at 05:17 AM

Sorry for what you are going through, Barb. We never know what life will throw to us next. My Dad was always that way, and at 80 he still is. Big gun lover, nice to the neighbors, hateful to his wife and children. He hid it well for many years, but it really comes out in full view when they start to lose memory, etc. My grandson turned 9 before Christmas. We sent him a birthday gift and Christmas gifts. Heard from him two weeks after the holidays. Our daughter did the same thing she did with the first grandchild she kept from us. We came back from church one day, and there was a message from the grandson. When I tried many times all day to call back, the phone was busy. I gave up and waited until after school one day when I thought he would be home. His Dad answered the phone and was not very friendly with me, but did put the grandson on. After two years of daughter not letting us see or talk to him, he doesn't have much to say. He doesn't really know us now. We have gone through this twice, now, and I am getting hardened to it. Maybe I shouldn't , but I think I am in self protection mode. You get that way.
CJR520 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost