Thread: Reasons Not To
View Single Post
Kijo

Member Since Nov 2009
Default Feb 01, 2010 at 01:21 PM

I'd say scars is a biggie. Although they can sort of be a sign to say 'I got through this, this was something difficult that I defeated', eventually they cause every day problems. Especially in the summer, you either cant wear what you want and have to dress around them, or just suck it up and wear whatever, still being paranoid all day that people are watching you and judging you (possibly). It can be hard to move on when they pop up in your life like that. Mine are on my legs (on one side reaching down to the knee) and my left arm (from the elbow covering the whole width of the back of my arm and stretching about 15-20 cm along my lower arm), so i don't wear shorts, avoid sleeves that dont cover them unless it's unbearably hot, and have to be careful with skirts or even cropped trousers.
Also if you have a partner, it can be embarassing or hard to show them your body and be open with them, I know from experience you can feel ashamed and not want to show them, in case it upsets them or disgusts them etc.

Having said all that, I'm not 'ashamed' of them exactly, and don't think anyone else should be, I acknowledge that they happened, it was a large part of my life, and if it happened been SI, something worse may well have happened.

X
Kijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken