Thread: Reasons Not To
View Single Post
Kijo

Member Since Nov 2009
Default Feb 01, 2010 at 01:37 PM

[/quote] Out of curiosity- how many people have have tried to hide SI from a spouse or intimate partner?[/quote]

Luckily (?) for me, the man who would turn out to be my first real 'intimate partner' was someone I already felt close to and could rely on when my SI-ing was discovered. Basically, I had a particuarly low night, drank -well let's just say alot of nasty things - and sliced my arm well and truly open, not as badly as I had done on previous occasions, stumbled upstairs and fell unconscious on my floor. Mum heard the racket, saw the mess and took me to the hospital.
The next day, 'he' came round to see me, not knowing what had happened, and mum -knowing that i was close to him- asked if i wanted him to be told. I said yes, being hopelessly possessed by him at this point.
He was very understanding, and for the last 14 months our relationship has been built on him knowing about me and my problems. We've been together a few months (during which I haven't SI'd) and I talk to him when I'm feeling low, which is alot. He deals with it wonderfully, which sometimes drives me mad because I just can't understand it.

But, to answer your original question, though he knows about the SI, if we're in a situation where he'd see my legs *cough* I make sure that the room is dark otherwise i can't be comfortable.

One day I'll just go ahead and show him in the light.
And I have every confidence that he'll just say 'I love you. This is you' and take me into his arms

I hope you all find someone like him. I know how incredibly lucky I am. There are people like that out there!

X
Kijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken