View Single Post
Allen279

Member Since Jan 2010
Default Feb 04, 2010 at 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecab View Post
For so many years I have isolated myself. My only companion was alcohol for many of those years. I would avoid people, didn't trust them, always seemed to attract people who would hurt me, especially women. I would have so much anxiety with women I couldn't have normal relationships. I hated people because I was so envious that they could so easily find relationships and happiness that I struggled so with.

So now I've quit drinking. Now I'm facing my anxieties head on. The jealousy, fear of rejection, of not being good enough, the hating myself for my past behavior and anxieties. I have made some progress, though at times it feels like very little. Sometimes I still feel like crawling back into my hole and just saying f it to everyone, and not caring about anyone since they seem to not care about me. I'm too damn good at numbing my feelings out and not caring about anything. I could sure use some hugs right now to help me from falling back into that.
I know what you mean horsecab. I've been doing the same for years and like you I finally quit drinking but I had a relapse lately. I went in to a bar and a few hours later I was thrown out by a big guy and slammed on the concrete. My face was all bloody and I walked home. So I am back on the wagon. I avoid people too. I live in an apartment complex and I just keep to myself. I am very lucky, I have a nice and caring mom that goes and gets my stuff for me such as food, supplies, meds, and anything else, then I just pay her back with a check. I'm on disability for schiz and depression. So I avoid going out the door as much as possible. You are not alone friend. Nice to meet you. Peace.
Allen279 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
horsecab