View Single Post
radio_flyer
Elder

Member Since Apr 2003
197 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2010 at 08:38 PM

I guess this could be a bit funny... I had mentioned that when I was a kid, back in the "50's", living in a 5 mile square little country town, that when one of the neighbors went on vacation, I would raid their strawberry garden. Would sit in the garden and eat until I could not eat anymore. I prob was around 6 then....

Well my son, guess he was around 6 or 7, came home carrying a watermelon.....Turns out he decided to take one of the neighbors watermelons. He carried it high over his head like a trophy, in the middle of the afternoon...... Guess someone saw him and told the owners and they called the police... No sooner did AJ get home, the door bell rang and a smiling police officer was standing by the door........ANYWAY, the officer did not do anything other than tell AJ not to take any more watermelons... AJ was soo scared... They did not ask for the watermelon back you would have thought we would have eaten it... I could not bare to eat it so we threw it away..........Guess it is not nice to swipe neighbor's watermelons....Ok.. I know one should not steal from "gardens"... The funny part is AJ did not try to hide the melon. He carried it high over his head....I think it is funny... Maybe some one else wouldn't...

OOO I did not think it was ok he took the melon.. He never took any again.. And if he did I am sure he did not carry it high over his head.......

radio_flyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lynn P., Rmdctc, sabby, Shangrala