View Single Post
Pomegranate
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2007
Default Feb 26, 2010 at 04:38 PM

Do what you have to do to take care of yourself. It sounds like your sister is being very self centered and if she does have a long standing problem with depression that could be likely. If you feel you can do it, without just trashing yourself emotionally, go ahead and let her visit, let her talk, talk, talk and pour out the advice, then change the subject and end the visit as soon as possible.

Now, she IS not respecting your feelings by coming when you told her you had other plans and would not be available. So if you feel you will be totally draining yourself by letting her over step her boundaries, or even if you just want to start practicing setting boundaries you can call her and tell you will not be available to visit with her until you are able to set up a date sometime in the future when it is good for BOTH of you.

Or you can simply not go home, or go home and tell her you have plans and she should go back home. There's nothing wrong with doing that. She's the one who insisted on coming even though your told her you would be busy. This is her problem, not yours. Good luck.

I'd rather have a visit, note or pretty picture
than an "I'll say a prayer" or a "god bless you."
Doesn't make me feel better, no meaning to me for sure.
Can't stop you from praying and blessing me,
and if that makes you feel better feel free.
But keep it to yourself please, don't tell me.
And let's all respect each other's feelings.
With kindness, support and "sweet dreamings."
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lostforevermore