View Single Post
Michah
Magnate

Member Since Nov 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina86 View Post
Uhhhhhhhhh... hate to ask, because this is awkward... but exactly how much spotting is something I should be worried about?? It's like I'm having my period, which of course is impossible given the pills I've now taken for two weeks...

Help?? Will go a-Googling now.
(((((Chris))))

Okay, are you close to entering menopause, or have gone through meno? Do you think you may be in perimenopause?

Some spotting is expected when taking prog. As progesterone levels rise before menstruation and prepares the womb by thickening the endometrium for embedding the fertilised egg, it may be that the introduced hormones are upsetting the balance. If it continues for a long time, without stopping, you will need to speak to your doc babe. Be careful of aneamia, or low hemoglobin.

If you can, next time you see your doc, maybe ask for an Iron levels test, Full blood count, LHFSH, E2(oestrogen) and TES(testosterone) or full androgen panel........a full thyroid panel might also be a good idea.

Take care dear one.......there are alternatives if you want your period to stop or deal with the PMDD symptoms a bit better. Maybe check with a gynea.

Mics

Sorry, just a thought........and this HRT is not available in the US but you can buy it online with support from a good gynea. I am on a synthetic hormone replacement for peri. It is a hormone(steroid) that behaves in the body like sex hormones(which are also steroids). It is not true eostrogen/prog/tes, but a steroid that mimics it. It comes with the same sort of disclaimers.....blood clots, high blood pressure, cancer and so on......but it is better in regards to this. it is made in Switzerland. It is not a contraceptive. It is usually used to treat the symptoms associated with peri and meno, but I wonder if it may help you in this case if you are nearing this time in your life. It is called LIVIAL(tibolone)......I wonder if you would be able to take half an aspirin a day to help thin the blood. I know of a few women who do this who are on conventional HRT for post meno. Throwing it out there without really knowing your full history......but you doc may say no. Also have you been tested for adenomyosis/endometriosis/cysts?

The only Truth that exists.....
.........Is that there is no absolute Truth.

Last edited by Michah; Mar 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Add on.....
Michah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Christina86