Member Since Feb 2006
2,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2010 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michah View Post
(((((Chris))))

Okay, are you close to entering menopause, or have gone through meno? Do you think you may be in perimenopause?

Some spotting is expected when taking prog. As progesterone levels rise before menstruation and prepares the womb by thickening the endometrium for embedding the fertilised egg, it may be that the introduced hormones are upsetting the balance. If it continues for a long time, without stopping, you will need to speak to your doc babe. Be careful of aneamia, or low hemoglobin.

If you can, next time you see your doc, maybe ask for an Iron levels test, Full blood count, LHFSH, E2(oestrogen) and TES(testosterone) or full androgen panel........a full thyroid panel might also be a good idea.

Also have you been tested for adenomyosis/endometriosis/cysts?
I'd hope I'm not in menopause!! I'm only 23!

I'm borderline anaemic, but according to the doc I'm fine to donate blood. I've got low iron stores (like most women) but not in any dangerous zones. I had blood work done a few months ago when I wanted to be tested for hypoglycemia. I'm not sure if the estrogen and testosterone tests were a part of it though...

I'm not sure about all those other things, I'm going to say "no" to the cysts at least, since you're supposed to be in pain if you have them. I'm not - just more emotional than usual. And wondering if you need to be sexually active in order to test that sort of thing - I'm not.

Thanks!

Thanks for this!
Michah