View Single Post
fearfulfrog

fearfulfrog has no updates.

15 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Seems like this will be a good thread to stay with. I had post- partum depression after my son (now 7yrs); Talk therapy did wonders- I chose not to medicate so I could nurse. My nightmare began when I WASN'T Dx with PPD. When after 2 1/2 years of fertility treatments failed and our resources had run out I had PPD with psychosis thrown in. Long story short, I lost my son to my sister and now I have been fighting to get him back ever since. I have a court conference coming up April 1st- I am trying to locate studies, info, anything that will support me when I say that yes, I had issues, but that doesn't mean that i can never be a mother again!

The defenses go up and i fall apart thinking about being attacked in court by my sister- not the best way to appear before a judge when he is deciding if you can have your son back because now you are better!

Thank you for letting me vent. I look forward to reading what others are going through- and prayfully being able to share my victory when I can be a mom again full-time!

Thanks for this!
mystiq, SophiaG