View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2010 at 02:40 PM

I’m not great about answering my cell either. But then I don’t leave the house much without one of them with me. When I am on my own, my car answers for me via the radio and that’s actually the best time to actually get an answer. My husband and children on the other hand always answer their phones. If my husband particularly didn’t answer his phone I would be especially concerned. He doesn’t even pull over to return a call, he’ll answer it while he’s driving. So if he doesn’t answer, there’s definitely a problem.

Once again it boils down to what’s expected of them. I pay for them each to have a cell phone so I can reach them, the fact that they’re able to communicate with their friends is just a bonus. My daughter was the only one that’s ever “tested” us on this. We were on vacation shopping at the Gurnee Mills mall. She was 15 and brought one of her friends with her. While they were shopping on their own, she was on the phone with another friend and decided to let my call go to voice mail. I took her phone for a month and she spent the rest of the vacation within our eyesight, even at Six Flags. Lesson learned, mom and dad are priority one.

Thanks for this!
mafub