View Single Post
salukigirl
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2007
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I guess one thing that concerns me is that, if you keep your kids under these kinds of restrictions, like tracking their cell phones, when they finally do break free they are going to go nuts with all the things they were never allowed to do. My dad would let me drink at home with my family when I was 16. I tried to offer my 15 year old niece a SIP of wine and my entire family flipped out. I feel that my sister keeps her on such a tight leash that when she does go away to college she will not know what to do. Allowing your kids some freedom without constantly keeping tabs on them gets some of that stuff out of their system. The kids I know who were in families like that are the kids that get to college and just go insane. My dad let me do pretty much anything without any kind of tracking device so when I got to college all of that stuff was already out of my system. So while my friends who have to still lie to their parents about what theyre doing are out getting wasted, I'm at home doing homework.

Did anyone hear about that school (I think in PA) that lent out laptops to students and later the parents found out that there were hidden cameras in them to track the students and anyone that might be stealing or doing something bad with them. These parents were totally outraged that their kids didn't have privacy. How is tracking your kids with a phone any different?
salukigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mafub